My new weekly mindfulness challenge kicks off with squishing and something you can do each morning this week. It’s a great way to wake up and enter the day with a heightened awareness of your body and presence:
- Stay lying down and close your eyes. Breathe slowly but make sure not to drift off again
- Squeeze every muscle in your body tight
- Consciously think of every muscle, moving your awareness from one to the next; your toes, your feet, your legs, your stomach and so on, all of them tightened at the same time
- Hold everything for a few seconds and then relax
- Now go through the whole scan again and notice the sensation of each muscle in its relaxed form
- Repeat another couple of times before getting out of bed.