EMMA SUE SAYS: “Anyone can build up resilience, the key to a positive mindset, unshakeable sense of self and the ability to get back up again and withstand anything life throws your way. This book has 12 valuable tools which will strengthen your resilience skills.”
The One-to-One Toolkit
Tips and Strategies for Advisers, Coaches and Mentors from Unimenta Associate Julie Cooper
Feeling in control over your life is crucial to success and wellbeing.
Our world is changing – so fast, so furiously, so ferociously – that to stand out you need to tap into your own resources and competences. Doing so puts you firmly back into the driving seat of your own life, enabling you to be happier, find and do work you love and have a true sense of purpose. But what are the key competences that you need?
7 Skills for the Future sets the scene for seven new soft skills that will propel you forward. Through a combination of scientific research, no-nonsense advice, practical exercises and case studies, this book shows you how to understand, develop and use:
- Adaptability – respond better to opportunities and change by being flexible and agile
- Critical thinking – think smarter, more resourcefully, creatively and collaboratively
- Empathy – nurture all your relationships by learning how to listen and be present
- Integrity – trust, values and honesty are the name of the game now as is authenticity
- Optimism – be the most positive person you know
- Being Proactive – respond rather than react and learn to reinvent yourself
- Resilience – make mistakes, bounce back, learn from experience and move on to the next challenge
By learning how to tap into these essential skills, and understanding how to put them into practice each day of our lives, we can be happier, more effective and abler to cope with change in an uncertain and exciting future.
Happy Reading, please do share your thoughts with us
The exercises in this book will also make it an excellent resource for advisers, coaches and trainers that run job search and interview skills sessions. Interviews are the most nerve wracking part of job hunting, and yet many people don’t do all they can to make the right impression. Preparation is patchy, you don’t know what to wear, you’re not even sure what the company does… This book contains a simple framework that is easy to remember and will help you to get prepare for interviews.
If you are involved in developing people, it’s likely that sooner or later you’ll need to have a conversation about a 360 report. Giving 360 feedback can be daunting. How will the person respond to it? How can you make it the positive, developmental experience it should be? This book will show you how to get the best out of that meeting.