Do you sometimes get taken for granted, ignored or overlooked? Are you always recognised for the talents you bring? If you want someone to hear your message, then this is the book for you. It will help you identify why your message isn’t always being heard, and give you strategies to makes sure the people who matter hear what you have to say. Start being heard now.
Presence – Bringing your Boldest Self to your Biggest Challenges
EMMA SUE SAYS: “A fantastic book on confidence, her research into power posing and lots of practical techniques.”
Feeling in control over your life is crucial to success and wellbeing.
Our world is changing – so fast, so furiously, so ferociously – that to stand out you need to tap into your own resources and competences. Doing so puts you firmly back into the driving seat of your own life, enabling you to be happier, find and do work you love and have a true sense of purpose. But what are the key competences that you need?
7 Skills for the Future sets the scene for seven new soft skills that will propel you forward. Through a combination of scientific research, no-nonsense advice, practical exercises and case studies, this book shows you how to understand, develop and use:
- Adaptability – respond better to opportunities and change by being flexible and agile
- Critical thinking – think smarter, more resourcefully, creatively and collaboratively
- Empathy – nurture all your relationships by learning how to listen and be present
- Integrity – trust, values and honesty are the name of the game now as is authenticity
- Optimism – be the most positive person you know
- Being Proactive – respond rather than react and learn to reinvent yourself
- Resilience – make mistakes, bounce back, learn from experience and move on to the next challenge
By learning how to tap into these essential skills, and understanding how to put them into practice each day of our lives, we can be happier, more effective and abler to cope with change in an uncertain and exciting future.
Happy Reading, please do share your thoughts with us
EMMA SUE SAYS: “I love this book because it emphasises that it’s not about luck or talent when it comes to success or going for your dreams but much more about your own attitude to persevering and how you respond when you get a setback. Build your grit and you’ll be successful – simple.”